Friday, March 7, 2008

Wednesday:

1pm

J and I went to lunch. On the way back I was telling him how bad I needed a day off and that I was thinking of playing hookie on Thursday. The problem though I said was that it's no fun if you have no one to play hookie with. So I nixed the idea.

Fast forward to Thursday:

5am

I'm in a deep sleep. I remember dreaming that I was sitting by this beautiful babbling brook. I remember thinking "Oh my gosh, this sounds so wonderful and life-like." Then I started to come out of my sleep....."Is it raining outside? It is coming down LOUD." Something wasn't right. I woke up and half conscious (under the effects still of advil pm) got out of bed. The floor was completely soaked. It was surreal. I opened my closet door to about an inch of water and a hot water heater that burst in the middle of the night. I panicked. I'm not good when it comes to maintenence kind of things. And especially something that could potentially destroy my prized possesions. My clothes. I called B freaking out. I pulled everything I could from the closet and threw it all on my bed. Finally my land lady came down around 6 followed by the maintenence men at 7, carpet guys at 9 and so on.

Everything is fine now. I have a new heater. My carpet is back to normal. Nothing that I cared about got ruined. And uhhhhhhh, I got my day off.

The moral of the story.

Be careful what you wish for.

No comments: